What is Personal
What is personal development depends on an individual's level and selection of priorities and goals.
Personal development is also called self-development or personal growth, which literally means developing the self or the person.
These are positive changes in all realms of a person's life. They are conscious, self-improvement actions done to reach goals and realize ambitions.
People pursue personal growth to gain self-understanding, release negative behaviors, attain new positive thoughts & realizations.
Self-development can bring about higher awareness both individually and also of the world and humanity.
What is personal development can begin in a number of areas of a person's life.
Some of the most common areas of active self-improvement are:
- spirituality - seeking a higher purpose, connecting with a higher power for support, encouragement
- family - mending wounds, forgiveness and acceptance
- education - working toward a higher education, fulfilling a dream
- health - to combat illness, disease, wanting to be as healthy as possible
- financial - organizing bills, debt, taking control of your future
- exercise - for a healthier life, looking & feeling better
- counseling - using professional help to deal with personal issues
- weight - losing weight, getting to an ideal size
- job skills - improving performance, job happiness
- relationships - with family, friends, co-workers, peers
- community outreach - volunteering to help others, a sense of worth
- mental growth - self-esteem, positive thinking, setting goals, life's purpose
- hobbies - stimulating mind activity, enjoying life, having fun, learning
Personal development, self-improvement and personal growth can be found in:
- support groups - such as for alcoholics, bereaved spouses & parents, addicts, etc.
- workshops / seminars - at convention centers, arenas, universities
- classes - at local community colleges, hospitals, counseling centers
- books - numerous books online, on CD, at the library
- counseling - sessions with Psychotherapists, Counselors, clergy
- audio CD's - also tapes, DVD, VHS; easy to listen to & watch
- personal (life) coaches - very popular to help people with life challenges & goals
Fitness Culture Health Insurance
offers help in managing your healthcare affairs. No one will mind your personal or family fitness better than you will, if you know how. Click for more information.
Return from What is Personal Development to Answer My Health Question home page.