Physical signs of depression can include everything from a saddened state to physical immobility.
Depression is defined by Wikipedia as "a lack of positive affect".
Depression can be brought on by major events such as death, divorce, job loss, financial struggle and chemical imbalances in the brain.
There are many physical signs of depression to take notice of in yourself and to look for in the people you care about:
- Feeling unworthy.
- Not enjoying activities that once were pleasurable and that brought happiness.
- Feeling hopeless, sad, emotional and sensitive to rejection.
- Feelings of guilt without any explanation.
- Weight loss or weight gain for no reason.
- Always feeling tired and lethargic.
- Aches & pains throughout the body.
- Increased headaches.
- Feeling restless.
- Sleep disturbances: either sleeping a lot more or not sleeping very much.
- Feelings of anxiety and even leading to anxiety attacks.
- Digestive problems: Diarrhea or constipation.
- More irritability, impatience and anger.
- Feeling more tense and worried.
- Decreased sexual interest and inability to perform.
- Increased use of alcohol or substances.
- Feeling discouraged and frustrated.
- Difficulties concentrating, making decisions and remembering.
- Increased thoughts of death and suicide.
These are the most common indicators of depression. If you have several of these signs or know someone who does, contact a health care provider for help.
Never feel like you are alone. Depression affects millions and millions of people every year.
There are many types of assistance to help all levels of depression.
There is no reason to continually feel sad and hopeless when there is so much help to be had.
Some natural solutions that people use to help ward off feelings of depression and feel better are:
- Talking with a trusted friend, confidant or counselor
- Essential Oils
- Natural herbs
Visit Holistic Healing Central to understand the hidden emotional causes of depression. Holistic Healing Central also provides a one to one holistic coach service as well as articles and practical guides teaching you how to transform your life for yourself!
Return from Physical Signs of Depression to Answer My Health Question home page.