The health benefits of yoga are substantial.
Yoga has been around for over 5,000 years.
People throughout history have felt & seen the positive health benefits of practicing yoga's different styles.
In the western world, in the last 10 years, yoga is now more popular than ever. In the U. S., over 11 million people do yoga.
When performing yoga, there is a mind / body / spirit connection leading to personal unity and balance.
Ancient yogis knew that practicing yoga regularly led to self-realization and enlightenment.
- relaxed, controlled breathing
- longer endurance
- more eye-hand coordination, flexibility
- low-impact, low-risk for injuries
- improved muscle tone
- better range of motion
- increased relaxation, body healing
- thorough, balanced workout of all muscles
Yoga exercise can also heal back pain and scoliosis.
- lowered blood pressure
- improved cardiovascular efficiency
- stimulated circulation
- better gastrointestinal health
- stronger immune system
- increased metabolism
- organ stimulation & function
- higher pain tolerance
- improved respiration
- slower pulse rate
- slows aging process
- better balance & body control
- detoxifies the body
- increased energy
- more flexibility, less stiffness
- heightened muscle strength & core strength
- improved posture
- more enjoyable sexuality
- better sleep
- weight management
EMOTIONAL / MENTAL BENEFITS
- reduced anger & anxiety
- increased body awareness
- overall calm feeling
- improved concentration, focus & memory
- feeling great - from endorphin release
- decreased depression & negativity
- mind / body / spirit connection
- improved mood & outlook on life
- more self-acceptance & introspection
- stress reduction
BODY CHEMISTRY BENEFITS
- lowers cholesterol & triglyceride levels
- regulates hormones & endocrine system
- increases lymphatic flow
- stimulates red blood cells
Many diseases and disorders can be helped and prevented with practing yoga.
Doctors have been doing studies on the health benefits of yoga to confirm this.
They found that it can help arthritis, asthma, high blood pressure, chronic back pain, OCD, stress and many other ailments.
Click for information on one of the most popular types of Yoga,
Hatha Yoga training.
Another type of yoga that is great for awakening your powerful inner energy is Kundalini.
Return from Health Benefits of Yoga to Answer My Health Question home page.